Saturday, February 28, 2015

Obligatory "Leonard Nimoy, RIP" Post

I just couldn't let this go by...

As everyone knows, Leonard Nimoy, best known for his role as Spock in Star Trek, passed away yesterday.

I never really watched the original Star Trek or any of the series (blasphemous, I know) and aside from the reboot movies Star Trek from 2009 and Star Trek Into Darkness from 2011, I never really saw Leonard Nimoy in it (shocking, I know), but of course I value and appreciate his contribution to it just as much as anyone else.  (And, of course, he did the occasional thing for Transformers; the voice of Galvatron in the animated movie from 1986 and Sentinel Prime from the live-action Dark of the Moon from 2011.)

His classic line was to "live long and prosper"... but what does one do when one has already done that?  "Live on and be remembered"?  I guess that works...

Leonard Nimoy, RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment