Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Idea Dump: Futurama/KOTOR mash-up

Well, now that I got all of that other stuff out of the way, onto other things!  (And I might as well post this now before 2014 draws to a close...)

So lately, I've had this one quirky idea in my mind: A humorous mash-up between Futurama and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (a.k.a. "KOTOR")!

I'm certainly not the first person to have ever noticed this, but there is that similarity between Bender and HK-47: Humorous hatred for humans.  Oh, and the occasional tossing-out of the term "Meatbag!"

So now I want to draw little parodies of the Futurama crew as KOTOR characters.  (Such a fun concept is certainly nothing new: Just this past summer with the release and success of Guardians of the Galaxy in theaters, I saw all sorts of parodies, ranging from Charlie Brown and friends from Peanuts and Bob and his family from Bob's Burgers.)

So, I was thinking of making the following images...

Phillip J. Fry as the player's main character from KOTOR (hint, hint!)
Turanga Leela as Bastilla Shan
Bender as HK-47
Nibbler as T3-M4
Amy Wong as Mission Vao
Dr. Zoidberg as Zaalbar
Hermes Conrad as Jolee Bindo
LaBarbara Conrad as Juhani
Cubert Farnsworth as Carth Onasi
Dwight Conrad as Canderous Ordo
Professor Farnsworth as Jedi Master Vandar
(...or should Nibbler be the stand-in for Vandar? Farnsworth has the appropriate relative age, while Nibbler has the similar size.  Heck, maybe just resurrect Fry's old dog Seymour and make him stand in for T3-M4.)

...Hm, maybe Zapp Brannigan should be the evil Admiral Saul Karath?  And as for who gets to be Darth Malak, I'm thinking it should be Mom.

So, file this under "Things Which I Would Love to Draw".  If anyone else wants to draw it first, go right ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment